Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am stimulating....the economy

So, I get "the call" from my Mother-in-Law - she wants to upgrade her PC for her birthday.

An upgrade for MIL means an upgrade for me. She will be getting my dualcore intel and in its place, I've taken delivery of a quadcore AMD system (which I think I will name "Boobies on Ultra").

It was also around this time that the DVD player in the living room decided to come down with a case of laser-glaucoma...it refused to read anymore discs. Those of you fortunate enough to live near a Costco might be able to get one of these:

I know...standard-def optical discs are 19th century...but after the minivan and the server, I can't justify springing for the Playstation 3 right now...well, I could, but I also like staying married. The Philips is $40 and that USB port it's carrying is going to take over HTPC duties (one less computer burning electrons in my house - instead, it'll be an external hard drive)

Now, eventually, I may get to a point where I can rip my Gojira-sized dvd collection and throw it onto multiple terabytes of disk. I'd like to ask you guys and gals if you've reached that state of magnetic nirvana:

Are you a discless wonder?

No comments: